[Mailman-Developers] [GSoC 2012] Metrics

George Chatzisofroniou sophron at latthi.com
Mon Jul 30 16:22:54 CEST 2012

Greetings,

Following a new report. I've finished a coalecor daemon and i wrote
some generators for KittyStore too. I'm now into establishing a real
MM3 connection.

----
The first version of coalescor is ready!

Coalescor is a custom Django admin command that is responsible for
maintaining the number of entries in the database at a reasonable
level. If the number of entries in the database is not a concern, its
use is completely optional.

There are five parameters which determine the behavior of the
coalesence: DAILY_DETAIL_RETAINED, WEEKLY_DETAIL_RETAINED,
MONTHLY_DETAIL_RETAINED and ANNUAL_DETAIL_RETAINED. Each one of them
represents the number of grains for which that level of detail is
maintained.

The daemon coalesces only the new data from its last operation date
and it was designed in a manner not to be memory intensive.

The last two days i also worked on generators. I had already created a
script that generates metrics from a mailbox. There is a KittyStore
API availabe, so it wasn’t hard to also generate metrics from SQL or
MongoDB.

----

--
George Chatzisofroniou