[Mailman-Developers] HyperKitty packaging!

Aamir Khan syst3m.w0rm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 06:43:29 CEST 2012

Hey Everyone!

I have packaged HyperKitty and I have created hk-app standalone django
project which uses the hyperkitty django application. In future I hope  we
can replace both hk-app [1] and postorius_standalone [2] by a single django
project, mm_ui for administrators who want to install hyperkitty as well as
postorius on their server.

In the process of packaging hyperkitty I am facing some issues with the
code and unable to figure out the exact problem. I have updated the readme
files for both hyperkitty [3] django application and hk-app [2] django
project. It will be great if you guys can help me to resolve the issue.

Try to run "python manage.py syncdb" in hk-app and you will get
ImportError: No module named kittystore.* *I think the system path is
messed up or probably creating symlink is not the right way to do it inside
a packaged application.

[1] =>
https://code.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/postorius/postorius_standalone
[2] => https://github.com/syst3mw0rm/hk-app
[3] => https://github.com/syst3mw0rm/hyperkitty

--
Aamir Khan | 3rd Year  | Computer Science & Engineering | IIT Roorkee