[Mailman-Developers] Login / User Identification Issues in MM3

Richard Wackerbarth richard at NFSNet.org
Wed Jul 11 05:51:30 CEST 2012

Yes, it is a bug in Postorius. However, that does not negate the fact that the present design, by forcing a split database, makes it difficult to accomplish the desired behavior.

As far as I am concerned, if Postorius is corrected to handle this situation robustly, it will be in spite of, and not with the help of, the design being forced upon it.

Since by far the most complicated, and most used, logins will be made from the web interface, it is much more logical to allow Postorius to be responsible for all of the user profile information and have the core, on those rare occasions where it requires it, obtain password confirmation from that source.

Richard