[Mailman-Developers] Twisted NNTP

Alexander Sulfrian alexander at sulfrian.net
Tue Jul 3 14:55:11 CEST 2012

Hi,

I working for gsoc creating NNTP access to the mailing list archives
for Mailman 3. Therefor I tried Twisted NNTP, during the last days. I
noticed, that it is not standard conform in any way. For example: it
missing required commands and returns wrong error codes on unknown sub
commands.

I will try to fix it. But while I modify it, I could port it to
asyncore/async_chat. Would it be preferred? anyncore is bundled with
core python and so the new implementation would be runnable without
depending on Twisted. But if patching the Twisted implementation,
other projects using it could gain profit, too.

So what is your position?

Thanks,
Alex