[Mailman-Developers] Error while setting up mailman UI

Florian Fuchs f at state-of-mind.de
Fri Feb 17 01:18:56 CET 2012

Hi,

On Friday, February 17, 2012 00:40 CET, Aamir Khan <syst3m.w0rm at gmail.com> wrote:

> > REST_SERVER = 'http://localhost:8001'
> >
> I guess that should be,
>
> REST_SERVER = 'http://localhost:8000'  because the django app runs on 8000
> port.

Yep, the Django dev server runs on port 8000. But the REST_SERVER setting refers to the Mailman API which usually runs on port 8001. Did you try that, too?
Also, did you start mailman by running 'bin/mailman start' from your mailman directory?

If that doesn't work, you could try and run the wui tests:

1) stop mailman ('bin/mailman stop' from inside your mailman dir)
2) set MAILMAN_TEST_BINDIR in your settings.py (full path to: .../mailman/bin)
3) from the folder where the settings.py lives run: 'python manage.py test'

If the tests run through you know the web ui is setup correctly and can talk to the mailman REST API.
If they don't the output should give us a hint where the problem might be...

I hope that helps...

Florian