[Mailman-Developers] Congratulations to our GSoC Students!

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Thu Apr 26 03:57:51 CEST 2012

The announcement from Google went out on Monday, so I'm a bit slow, but
I'd like to congratulate the three students who will be working with GNU
Mailman as part of Google Summer of Code 2012:

Aamir Khan will be working on improving Hyperkitty.

Alexander Sulfrian will be working on NNTP access to the archives.

George Chatzisofroniou will be working on metrics, integrating his
MailmanStats package with Mailman 3.0.

Congratulations to all of you, and thank you to all our other talented
applicants this year.    It was a very tough field and we were very
lucky to get three slots allocated to us by our umbrella organization,
the Python Software Foundation.  I believe this is the largest number of
students we've ever had!

We're now in what Google calls the "community bonding period" where we
get to know each other and get things set up.   Students: this would be
a great time to post a short email to mailman-developers reminding
everyone about what you're planning to do this summer (Google only gives
the short abstract in their public list).  I know the mentors are pretty
excited about the projects, and this gives everyone else a chance to get
excited too!

Coding starts on May 21st.  So be prepared: this is going to be one
amazing year for Mailman!

  Terri