[Mailman-Developers] mailman / archive-ui / licensing questions

Blake Winton bwinton at mozilla.com
Mon Apr 9 01:14:28 CEST 2012

On 08-04-12 17:48 , Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Apr 02, 2012, at 08:04 PM, David Jeske wrote:
>> The question i "would you BUNDLE another archiver even if the licenses
>> don't match?"
> If you're donating the archiver to the GNU Mailman project, for us to
> maintain, release, bundle, and develop, then I think that would be a very high
> hurdle to overcome.  Sorry, but it just is.
Would it work for everyone if David licensed the archiver to Mailman
under the GPLv3+?

(There could still be a question about the license for contributed
patches over whether they could be pulled back into the main tree or
not, but as long as it was reasonably clear one way or the other, I
don't think it would be a problem in practice.  On the other hand, I am
an optimist...  ;)

Later,
Blake.

--
Blake Winton   Thunderbird User Experience Lead
bwinton at mozilla.com