[Mailman-Developers] From the creation of a ThreadID

Richard Wackerbarth richard at NFSNet.org
Thu Apr 5 22:00:24 CEST 2012

Pierre,

There is nothing wrong with using a message ID as a thread ID. They are different namespaces (with an intuitive mapping for the first post.)

The problem is only that the mapping is not stable under the "restore after deleting some messages" scenario.
If you expect to be able to restore messages and keep stable thread IDs, then you will need to assure that the mapping of message to thread ID does not depend on the presence of other messages remaining in the database.

Richard