[Mailman-Developers] New RFC on using DKIM with MLMs

Murray S. Kucherawy msk at cloudmark.com
Sat Oct 29 08:45:12 CEST 2011

I've got a separate draft that adds to Received: fields a tag that indicates transitions of messages into administrative hold states (quarantining, timed delivery and list moderation are included in the initial list of reasons) ready to go.  I just missed the -00 submission deadline prior to the next IETF meeting in November, so it's not in the IETF datatracker but it is here: http://www.blackops.org/~msk/draft-kucherawy-received-state.txt.  Comments welcome.

The idea: When the MLM selects a message for moderation it would a Received: field with such a tag, and then on release the next MTA in the chain adds another Received: as per normal which, presumably, completes the handling chain in a way that the end user can see what happened (i.e., when it entered the hold and when it came out).

This doesn't include a mechanism for tracking who did the approval, but you've got that separately on your list anyway.

-MSK