[Mailman-Developers] GHC11 open source day

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Nov 14 16:30:20 CET 2011

On Nov 14, 2011, at 01:57 AM, Terri Oda wrote:

>If anyone's interested in helping with the UI work, I could use some help!
>This is a great place to start if you've always wanted to help but weren't
>sure what to do or were worried your python skills weren't up to snuff.  I
>should have the photos of the paper prototypes up Monday evening (I'm on US
>Mountain time) and I'd love some help translating the photos into UI mockups
>(either on the wiki or semi-functional HTML/JavaScript prototypes) to start.

Thanks Terri, this is fantastic.

I'll take this opportunity to announce something that we've been chatting
about in private for a little while.  I want to officially announce that Terri
and Florian are leading the new Mailman 3 web-ui sub-project.

While I will continue to lead the core work, I am totally confident that Terri
and Florian are not only talented and able to drive the web-ui work, they can
also do a *much* better job at it than I can.  We'll use the Launchpad bug
tracker as the primary way to have the web-ui inform the core about API work
that they need to best implement the web-ui.  As other contributors have done,
this is in some ways no different than anyone else doing integration work with
the Mailman 3 core, and I will try to add any identified missing APIs as soon
as possible.  (Don't forget to tag such bugs with the 'mailman3' official
tag).

While we didn't hit my goal of a release on 11/11/11, I do think we've made a
significant amount of progress recently.  The next core release will be a
beta, just as soon as I crack the authentication/authorization nut (if you
have ideas for that, let's hear it!).

Please join me in congratulating - and more importantly, helping! - Terri and
Florian.

Cheers,