[Mailman-Developers] Mockup for New Design

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Jun 21 17:52:34 CEST 2011

On 06/21/2011 11:46 AM, Andrew wrote:
> On 21/06/11 09:31, David Andrews wrote:
>> I presume the page is "graphical" because as a blind, screen reader
>> using person, I got nothing out of it.  Remember accessibility!
>
> Sure absolutely, this is just a image mockup to see what everyone
> thinks, it goes without saying that accessibility would have to be of
> paramount importance

It's worth noting that you can't "see what everyone thinks" if the only
version of the mockup is inaccessible to some people.

I'm happy to hear of work being done on the mailman web UI; thanks for
doing this work!  If you can do it with html instead of images, that
would get you more feedback on your design.

It would not only help the visually-impaired evaluate it and give
feedback, but it would also help people with unusual screen sizes,
display devices, browsers, etc. be able to raise issues or give the
thumbs-up.

Thanks for your work,

	--dkg