[Mailman-Developers] FreeBSD 8.2, Python2.7, Exim-4 and MM3

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Tue Jun 7 22:35:57 CEST 2011

On Jun 02, 2011, at 09:10 AM, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

>I manage several machines (FreeBSD of course) all of which use Exim as the
>MTA.  I'd like to know what sort of conditions you attach to this requirement
>(for a spare machine).  The only downside is that bandwidth is still not
>cheap in KE, so people connecting from outside will definately feel the slow
>speeds.  If the tests are NOT likely to interfere with the smooth running of
>Exim on any of these servers, then I am willing to let you use one of
>them. However, Nigel's input matters most so I must wait till he can work out
>something for Exim.

Hi Odhiambo,

There really aren't too many conditions on this, though I think I would need
shell access to quickly update the code and restart Mailman.  Really, we just
want a test server that brave folks like yourself can subscribe to and we can
start throwing real traffic at.  I think it would be wise at this point to not
use a production server for now.  Bandwidth isn't that big a deal for the
email traffic I'd expect, though latency to the USA might be a problem.

-Barry