[Mailman-Developers] MM 3.0 build error

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 20 01:26:13 CET 2011

Panks wrote:
>*
>On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 3:45 AM, Panks <pankajxdx at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> But I want to know how should I go forward with making changes in code. I
>> mean, do it need to re-install it from source to check the results, every
>> time i make some changes in the code or is there any other way out.
>
>Basically I wanted to ask if I can use any IDE for for debugging, which can
>make it easier to debug and test changes.

You should be able to use any tools at your disposal to modify the
installed Mailman, but ultimately, any changes you make should be
applicable to the distributed source.

One way of working would be to develop and test your changes against
your installed Mailman, but ultimately make them against your copy of
the bzr branch. Then, if you want your changes to make their way back
to the trunk, you can propose a merge of your branch. Even if the
changes are only for your own use, you can update your branch by
merging updates from the trunk and then rebuild your installation.