[Mailman-Developers] Google Summer of Code

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Apr 4 17:12:33 CEST 2011

On Apr 03, 2011, at 01:33 PM, Andrew Rodman wrote:

>Hello, my name is Andrew Rodman and I'm a college student looking to get
>involved in your Mailman mailing list manager through Google's Summer of
>Code. This is my first year investigating the program and I'm unsure about
>the steps I need to take to apply for this project. I'm assuming I need to
>write a project proposal but I'm not entirely sure where to start my
>research for this application. Would you mind pointing me in the right
>direction?

Hi Andrew, we'd love to have you as a student this year.  What areas are you
interested in working on?  We have some great mentors this year, so depending
on what you're interested in, we can make sure you get paired up with the
right person.  Do you want to work on GUI stuff, engine stuff, the archiver,
REST API, or something else?

Don't forget, many of us are on IRC, so if you want to have a higher bandwidth
discussion, we're on #mailman on freenode.  I'm always here during working
hours in US/Eastern time.  My nick is 'barry', and please do ping me if you
want to chat (I on so many channels, it's difficult to track them all ;).

Cheers,
-Barry