[Mailman-Developers] styiling the archive

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Oct 1 16:55:32 CEST 2010

>>> So my question is: "Is possible to add some markup and css to the
>>> mailing archive to make it pretty to integrate with the website?"
>>>
>> Yes, it's open source so of course it's possible. :)
>>
>> The question is how difficult it is to do.  You may have to hack the Python
>> to get it to look the way you want.
>>

> Actually, I don't think it's difficult. The pipermail archive is
> already template driven so unless you want to get really tricky, you
> should be able to just edit a few templates.
>
> See templates/<language_code>/arch* for the templates and the FAQ at
> <http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9> for editing instructions.

Yes, it's definitely possible and AFAIK not terribly onerous except that
there's a few files to edit and apparently it's easy to miss one.  If
you've got someone who's a bit of a wiz with CSS, you can do some very
impressive stuff just by adding a stylesheet link into the templates.  I
*know* I've seen some very slick themed archives but I apparently don't
have the bookmarks anymore.  Anyone who did that want to brag?

 Terri