[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3.0 UI Status?

Florian Fuchs f at state-of-mind.de
Tue Mar 23 15:52:12 CET 2010

> Since Django is being used for the web-interface I'm curious about the
> implications for the ORM.  Since MM 3.0 is using STORM - do you plan to just
> not use the built-in Django ORM and go with STORM - or are you going to wind
> up with 2 different database interfaces?

Hi Jen,

so far the plan is to have the UI completely separated from the mailman core and have the two communicate via REST. So I guess there is no reason not to use the Django ORM. But - at the risk of missing something right now: I am not quite sure if the UI will even need an own database at all if the data is stored by the mailman core.

Cheers
Florian