[Mailman-Developers] pipermail feature request for View by Date

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Mar 10 16:33:42 CET 2010

Parag N(????) wrote:

>Hi all,
>    I am new member of this list and using Fedora mailing lists.
>Previously Fedora project mailing lists allows "view by Date" archive
>option as can be seen at
>https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2010-January/date.html
>but now they migrated to new interface
>http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2010-January/date.html
>and this does not show threads by Date.
>   Can someone knows if there is any good reason for not to have this
>implemented yet?

There is a similar feature implemented by the patch at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1290317&group_id=103&atid=300103>.
That patch prepends a timestamp ("%b %d %Y - %H:%M:%S") to each entry
in the index. I'm not certain, but I think it does this for all
indices, not just the date index. I don't think that's acceptable.

As far as I can tell, patches to implement the feature seen at
<https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2010-January/date.html>
have never been submitted upstream.