[Mailman-Developers] Mailman user interface: draft of a mega drop-down navigation

Claudia Fleiner c at state-of-mind.de
Thu Jun 24 16:23:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

I´m Claudia Fleiner and I work together with Patrick Koetter and
Florian Fuchs.

Here I will present you our idea of a mega drop-down navigation panel
for the new Mailman user interface:
http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Web+UI+Mockups

As the draft shows, a mega drop-down has the following characteristics:

1. The big panel is divided into groups of navigation options
2. Navigation choices is structured through layout, typography and icons
3. Eliminate scrolling: everything is visible at once

As shown in the draft, I put as navigation structure an example of the
"admin navigation options".
This structure will be revised into the right form later.

The icons I used in the draft are just placeholders. Nice Icons well
adapted for the new navigation structure
will be designed in the next steps.

I hope you´ll like our idea of using drop-down navigations for the new
user interface.
Please don´t hesitate to send us your feedback.

Kind regards,

Claudia

-----
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15    Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München             Telefax +49 89 3090 4666

Am Südhang 3               Telefon +49 6131 6223149
55127 Mainz

Amtsgericht München     Partnerschaftsregister PR 563e