[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3.0 UI Test Server

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Jun 15 17:31:30 CEST 2010

--On 14 June 2010 19:21:04 +0200 Florian Fuchs <f at state-of-mind.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we have set up a test server for the development of the Mailman 3.0 UI.
> As coding on the UI progresses we will update it regularly so everybody
> can see what's being done.
>
> For now it contains a simple, experimental Django app I've written to
> test list creation and subscription through Mailman's new REST API. You
> can add mailing lists and subscribe to them. Mails sent to those lists
> will not be delivered to subscribers but be kept in a separate IMAP
> folder so nobody gets spammed (thanks Patrick!). This app will be
> replaced as soon as there's a working code base for the "real" UI.
>
> The server's address is http://mailman.state-of-mind.de

That's so much nicer than Mailman2!

A couple of small issues with list creation:

1. The checkboxes should be closer to the text in the languages list. It's
hard to see which box applies to which text.

2. Mailman 3 supports multiple domains, right? So the list creation page
should, perhaps, let me pick a domain from a drop down list.

3. Given that the list of lists is created from the list creation page,
perhaps there should be an opportunity to fill in the "List information"
field on the list creation page.