[Mailman-Developers] UI for Mailman 3.0 update

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Mon Jun 7 09:16:58 CEST 2010

* Christian Schoepplein <chris at schoeppi.net>:
> >* Geoff Shang <geoff at QuiteLikely.com>:
> >> Note that people who use magnification (i.e. who have low vision)
> >> are going to have differing requirements from those who use speech
> >> or Braille output via screen readers.  Ideally the UI would work
> >> well for both groups but I'm not qualified to talk about the former,
> >> only the latter.
> >
> >Yes, thank you. I was aware of that and I have to admit I don't know yet what
> >qualities exactly will be required to create an interface that works equally
> >well for both groups. Unless someone has a better idea I guess we will just
> >have to do 'a best guess', then measure and improve in an iterative manner.
>
> I know some people that use magnification. I can ask them to test also the
> new MM WUI or ask them for their needs regarding a new user interface.

Great.

> >> Disclaimer: I am not deaf.  A deaf person should be consulted about
> >> the requirements that deaf people may have.
> >
> >Yes, good idea. Are there any deaf people on this list who might be able to
> >shed some light on this?
>
> I also can help out on this point maybe, because I also have friends
> that are deaf or work for a big German organization for deaf people.

Even better.

> @P at trick: Maybe I can also arrange a meeting with these people, they also
> live in Munich.

That would be perfect. Should we all meet before we start working on the new
WUI so we can take the input into consideration right from the start?

p at rick

--
state of mind
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15	   Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666