[Mailman-Developers] mock-ups for user settings page, MM3

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Mon Jul 5 22:41:06 CEST 2010

Anna,

* Anna Granudd <anna.granudd at gmail.com>:
> I'm currently working on the (Django) views for the Mailman 3.0 UI. I looked
> at what mock-ups were made in the wiki, [1], and realized that so far there
> are no mock-ups for the user settings page. Therefore, I was wondering if

there are non on purpose at the moment. The proposed way to get a design was
a) adopt a new logo b) develop new color set c) create a new grid d) create a
new design.

> anybody has any thoughts on what to think of when designing this page and
> how you would like it to look like. We could start with using the old user

For the moment - this is my personal opinion - we should use logical,
structured markup. Plain HTML. Design is important, but nothing without
groundwork based on proper organisation of options and good HTML.

> settings page design from older versions of Mailman and just "freshing it
> up" a bit or we could make a complete redesign but it would be nice to get
> some peoples' opinions on what you want before starting (although just
> writing your thoughts down and emailing them works as well, if you don't
> feel like creating mock-ups).

I think we need to decide on UI standards (do we need a 'save' button or not
etc.) and a new organisation of options first and then aim for design.

p at rick

--
state of mind
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666