[Mailman-Developers] Reply-To munging considered *carefully*

Earl Ruby me at earlruby.org
Wed Jan 6 20:22:29 CET 2010

I've read back through this thread, and forgive me if this has been
discussed before, but have you considered giving subscribers the
option of deciding for themselves whether their replies should go to
the list or to the poster?

In other words, add the option:

Where are replies to list messages directed? (*) Poster  ( ) This list

... to the subscriber's settings, let the list administrator set the
default behavior, and add the option:

Allow subscribers to chose where their replies to list messages are
directed? (*) Yes  ( ) No

... to the list administrator's settings. It seems like whatever the
default behavior is set to it always irks 5% of any list's
subscribers. This would allow that 5% to fix the problem for
themselves, leaving only 2% to continue to grumble that there's really
only one correct way to do things and everyone should be doing it that
way.

--
Earl Ruby
http://earlruby.org/