[Mailman-Developers] Feature Request - Interactive HTML Digests

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Feb 23 15:27:07 CET 2010

Tanstaafl writes:

 > Also, maybe peeking at the message source for one of the Yahoo and
 > Google Digests could make this easier...

All 250KB of Javascript?<wink/>

There is *serious* magic in there; this is *wa-a-ay* beyond the remit
of Mailman.  Mailman is *not* a full-featured MUA, and it never will
be.

Also, I somehow suspect that the libraries that implement all the
interesting stuff are *not* free software.

 > 2. Make it template based, so as to be easily modifiable by the MM admin.

Impossible.  The hard work is not in outputting the page, it's in
parsing the incoming messages and deciding how to insert them into the
relatively inflexible HTML container.  The MM admin can probably make
it prettier, but I doubt that it will be possible to do this in such a
way that they can change the basic functionality.