[Mailman-Developers] Feature Request - Interactive HTML Digests

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Feb 21 02:46:48 CET 2010

Tanstaafl wrote:

>On 2/20/2010 9:08 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> On Feb 17, 2010, at 08:33 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>>> a) separate button/links for: 'Reply to Sender', 'Reply to List'
>>> and maybe 'Reply to all' (that last one could be optional?), and
>>> b) little 'Back to top' links to scroll back to the top of the
>>> message summary
>
>> Would these require JavaScript? Hmm, maybe they can be done with
>> mail:to links.
>
>Dunno, but even if it did (require JS), would that be all that bad?
>Don't most GUI mail readers that do HTML email do JS too?

They can be done with mailto: if quoting is fixed. If you want to be
able to select text and then reply quoting selected text I think that
would require JavaScript, and yes it would be bad.

See the example mailto: and the two following paragraphs in my post at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2010-February/020969.html>.