[Mailman-Developers] Feature Request - REST API

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Feb 17 23:37:20 CET 2010

On Feb 17, 2010, at 10:29 AM, Nahuel wrote:

> Today REST APIs are really usefull for any web oriented application, because services needs to communicate with each others, so I think mailman MUST have this API.
> I can continue to argument about this, but first I want to know what do you think about this idea?

We agree so much, Mailman 3 already has a REST API. :)  We've got the infrastructure and some exposed APIs.  At this point we can easily add new ones as we identify the most important missing ones.  In fact, we'll be sprinting on this at the Python conference starting on Monday. We're going to try to have some virtual presence, so if you can't come to Atlanta, USA, meet us on #mailman on freenode and we'll go from there.