[Mailman-Developers] Exporting member info (including options)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Aug 18 01:12:40 CEST 2010

Aaron Kreider wrote:

>  When I tried to depickle a list, I got an "Import Error No Module
>named Mailman.Bouncer".
>
>I suspect this is for a list that has bounces.  I was able to depickle a
>much smaller list.

Yes, the issue only occurs for lists with members that have bounce_info.

There are at least three ways around this.

Create your script as a withlist script and run it via withlist (see
bin/withlist --help), or

run your script from Mailman's bin/ directory and 'import paths' at the
beginning of the script, or

copy Mailman's bin/paths.py to the directory from which you want to run
the script, and 'import paths' at the beginning of the script.

>Could it be a users permission issue? I tried running the script as
>root, but it still gave me the error. I'm using this python script,
>running it in the mailman/Mailman directory:

It would probably also work as is if you ran it in the mailman/
directory, but I think the other methods are preferable.