[Mailman-Developers] MM3 nntp support?

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Sat Aug 14 18:21:01 CEST 2010

Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Aug 09, 2010, at 09:58 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> Back in December Barry had mentioned that he was exploring adding
>> nntp (and IMAP) support to the archives, but didn't clarify much
>> further... and I googled quite a bit, and these 2 or 3 posts on the
>> subject is all I could find.:

> Yep, this hasn't actually been implemented yet.

No worries - but is it still planned/doable/on the drawing board for the
3.0 (or maybe worst case, 3.1) release?

> I mostly imagine this as a read-only service, but if the
> authentication issues can be worked out, I see no reason why posting
> via NNTP couldn't be allowed should the list and site admins choose
> to do so.

Cool... choice is a good thing, and I think that being able to provide
2-way nntp access to lists (natively, without any hacks or additional
s/w required) would just be awesome.

Thanks for considering it Barry...