[Mailman-Developers] Mailman MySQL adaptor - MySQLdb module error

Aaron Kreider aaron at campusactivism.org
Fri Aug 6 23:24:38 CEST 2010

  So it appears that the wrappers are using the correct Python, so maybe
> it is permissions. The qrunners are (or should be) running as the
> mailman user:group, and the web CGI's should run as the mailman group,
> but run as the web server user, so that's a difference. Look at the
> permissions on the /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MySQLdb directory
> and its subordinates. Directories should be 0755 (drwxr-xr-x) and
> files 0644 (-rw-r--r--). Is that the case?

It looks like my webhost's support installed MySQL-python-1.2.3 in the
root directory of my entire server, and it is owned by a user called "500"!

500 is not the permissions level, that is the name of the owner.  Should
this value be changed?

Directory permissions are 775. Files are 664.