[Mailman-Developers] Mailman MySQL adaptor - MySQLdb module error

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Aug 6 21:55:18 CEST 2010

Aaron Kreider wrote:

>  On 8/6/2010 1:34 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> Aaron Kreider wrote:
>>
>Using cPanel's mailman. I modified the paths to fit the instructions.

OK

>> Is Mailman running? What happens if you send a 'help' command by email
>> to the new list's -request address?
>>
>Sending "help" does not work for the new list.
>
>It does work for old lists (non-mysql based ones).

What's in Mailman's error log. Do you see the same ImportError causing
the message to be shunted?

>> If you run
>>
>> strings /path/to/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo
>>
>> The output should contain amongst much other stuff the path of the
>> python used by the CGI scripts.
>
>This gives me an error message:
><head>
></head><body>
[...]

It looks as if you ran

 /path/to/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo

not

 strings /path/to/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo

as I asked. I don't want you to run the listinfo wrapper, I want to see
what Python it is invoking. I am guessing there is a python in
/user/local/cpanel/3rdparty/ and that that is the Python being used by
Mailman. I'm trying to confirm that or at least confirm that it is
other than /usr/bin/python(2.4). The wrappers contain the path to
Python as a string, and that's what I want to see.