[Mailman-Developers] MM feature request - spread out the pain

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Fri Apr 2 05:14:48 CEST 2010

At 03:01 PM 4/1/2010, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>skip at pobox.com wrote:
> >
> >At any rate, that solves one problem but creates another, right?  In MM3 how
> >will you weed out bad email addresses?  Again, this may already be accounted
> >for somehow.  If so, I'd be happy to learn how you do it without attempting
> >to send email to an address then process the bounces.
>

>If the list is active and the user's delivery is enabled, The list's
>bounce processing should take care of ultimately removing bouncing
>members. If it doesn't, the list's bounce processing needs to be
>adjusted.
>
>The dead addresses of concern, are those for which the user or admin
>disabled delivery before the address died. We have talked about some
>kind of periodic mailing from the list to all members. If we have such
>a thing, a bounce of that mail could identify such addresses.

Some other list software, I believe, has a feature that sends out a
canned message once a month, such as list rules.  I would like to see
this in MM3 as I would like to send people the rules once a month,
and not all my lists are that active, but still need to be in place
and used occasionally.

Dave