[Mailman-Developers] Problem with Moderate.py

Chris Nulk CNulk at scu.edu
Mon Sep 28 19:02:26 CEST 2009

Hello all,

I am using Mailman v2.1.9 with the LDAPMembership adapter (v 0.6).  Mailman has been patched to all me to specify lists in the 'accept_these_nonmembers', 'hold_these_nonmembers', etc. using the @listname notation.   Due to the circumstances here, I need to modify the Moderate.py to allow me add an additional list attribute which enables addresses in that attribute to always send to the list.  I think I have a handle on that part of the modification.

The problem I am having is if I specify a list with statically defined addresses in the 'accept_these_nonmembers' and the others, messages sent to the list go through with no problems.  However, if the list I specify is dynamically built via the LDAPMembership adapter, messages are held for moderation (the generic default action).  I put the same people on list whether statically defined or dynamically defined.

I believe I have narrowed down the problem to the 'matches_p' function in Moderate.py.

Anyone feeling lucky enough to answer my questions about Moderate.py and the LDAPMembership adapter.

Thanks,
Chris