[Mailman-Developers] A couple of functions it would be nice to have from the command line

Justin Long justinlong at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 17:20:14 CEST 2009

I moderate a mailman installation at http://www.strategicnetwork.org that
has over 120,000 subscribers to various lists. Here are some functions that
would be nice:'
1) the ability to add a new subscription to a given list without importing a
text file. Right now it seems to be impossible to add a single address to a
single list in the same way you can remove an address. This would be useful
for adding a one-off email address change.

adduser -l /list/thelist johndoe at gmail.com

2) the ability to change an email address en masse in all lists. At least
once or twice a month I have people who write in who want to have their
email address changed and they aren't technically minded enough to do this
on their own. As a customer service issue it would be nice to simply
accomodate them, e.g.

changeuser johndoe at gmail.com johndoe at smith.com

Cordially,
Justin Long

Justin D. Long
Swarming: building high-impact decentralized networks to reach the unreached
Through: 1-day Swarm Schools, multiday Swarm Labs, yearlong Swarm Coaching
-------
Email justinlong at gmail.com
Skype nsmjustinlong OR call/SMS 757-559-1515
http://www.strategicnetwork.org - magazine, e-groups, knowledgebase
http://www.google.com/reader/shared/justinlong - shared annotated bloglinks
http://www.twitter.com/nsmjustinlong - daily activities, swarming notes
http://www.facebook.com/justindavidlong - Facebook page
http://www.accessofevil.org - if a demon could blog, it might look like this
-------
Consider sponsoring our ministries: one-time and monthly gifts appreciated!
Postal mail: RUN Ministries, PO Box 6543, Virginia Beach, VA 23456, USA
Contribute online: http://www.strategicnetwork.org/contribute
-------
Never retreat. Never surrender. Never cut a deal with a dragon.
No armor? Unclean life? Then do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,