[Mailman-Developers] Request for MM project hire

Bob Puff bob at nleaudio.com
Fri Oct 16 05:51:47 CEST 2009

Hi Guys,

I was just speaking to a client today who has a few thousand-ish one-way list
on one of my boxes.  They have a separate FileMaker database that holds each
person's name, physical address, phone, and email address.  They have been
manually double-entering data into both this database, and their Mailman list.
 They don't want to do that anymore.

They called me today asking for a quote on somehow merging this, so there is
only one database.  I'm thinking perhaps some sort of extension to the current
MM database to hold their additional fields would do it.  If a person
unsubscribes, it nukes them.  If an email bounces, then it does as the bounce
processing dictates, and nukes them if it should.

A web interface (with proper authentication) should be available for them to
manually enter data, and I would guess they would also want at least a
one-time import from their FileMaker database into this to populate all the
current entries with the additional fields.

I'm not skilled enough in Python to do this myself... I'm wondering if anyone
here is willing to take on the project.  And in a somewhat-related question to
this list, is MM 3.0 going to be the solution?  Will it handle additional
fields like this?

Please reply privately if you wish to take on the project, with a price
guesstimate.

Bob