[Mailman-Developers] Reply-To munging considered *carefully*

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull at sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Fri Oct 16 04:43:16 CEST 2009

Michael B. Trausch writes:

 > My main, central, and driving point is a desire to create a system that
 > is both idiot friendly and expert friendly, and my desire is to have all
 > known common (end-user) and uncommon (technical user) use cases be
 > handled in a manner that is consistent and portable.

That's what we want, too, Brother Michael.  The difference between you
and us is that we believe in the RFC process, we believe in
decentralization, and we believe that if we design a better way to do
it in that context, software developers will adopt it and users will
get the benefits merely by upgrading their favorite software (or
changing, if another implementation becomes more attractive in the
process).