[Mailman-Developers] Reply-To munging considered *carefully*

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 14 17:33:47 CEST 2009

This thread is a perfect example; "Reply-All" in my MUA puts all these
people on the destination list, even though I'm pretty sure they are all
on the list itself.  Enjoy your duplicates!  And if one of you *isn't*
on the list, then you should join.

Anyway, Barry asked:

>> Have you never wanted to reply privately to the author of a mailing
>> message?

Of course.  But it's not the common case; the common case is: continue
the discussion, on-list.  So you're wanting to do soemthing other than
the default, so you should *have* to do something differently in order
to accomplish it.

Mailing lists are different from other kinds of email; otherwise why
have lists at all?

/jordan