[Mailman-Developers] a patch: init script cleanup for LSB compliance

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Oct 7 17:36:59 CEST 2009

Daniel Novotny wrote:

>There's an effort in Fedora to improve all our init scripts
>for better LSB compliance. Because I'm responsible for mailman
>package here, I made following changes in the mailman init scripts:

The patch you included is against RedHat's already heavily modified
mailman-2.1.12/misc/mailman.in. See
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/annotate/head%3A/misc/mailman.in>
for the current upstream version.

Also see
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2009-September/067249.html>
for an issue that may or may not affect this.

I am happy to consider incorporating these changes upstream, but I need
the whole file or a patch against my base. I also need the RedHat
changes to bin/mailmanctl that support the 'status' and perhaps other
RedHat extensions.