[Mailman-Developers] mailman/admindb: request for 'redirect' action

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja at cs.au.dk
Mon Nov 2 10:25:15 CET 2009

[This posting was originally sent on Oct 27th
but it seems it didn't make it to the list]

Hello all,

Our MTA provides strong and effective spam filtering
(MIMEdefang with Solido/greylisting/NilSimsa). Part
of the process is redirecting spam which gets through
to our spam filters.

In my role as Mailman site administrator for two busy domains
(at two continents :-) I have been greatly missing the 'Redirect'
action for mailman/admindb. Although Mailman has currently
4 actions and 4 sender filters in mailman/admindb, none of these
can be used for automated redirection of spam messages.

A field for an address for redirection of spam and a 'Redirect'
button would make a big difference for list administrators!

My apologies if this topic was already discussed -
mail archives for mailman-developers seemed down or very
busy today, so I couldn't check.

Kaja