[Mailman-Developers] Status of RESTful branch

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Thu May 7 04:41:16 CEST 2009

At Pycon, several of us sprinted on exposing Mailman 3's
administrative interface via RESTful services.  I've been making slow
but steady progress since then on the infrastructure for this.  With
the lazr.restful package married to the standard wsgiref module, I now
have the basics of its operation working.  For example, if you start
the rest (http) server, you can now hit http://localhost:8001/3.0/
system and get a JSON response with the Mailman and Python version
strings.

This is the only URL currently implemented, and it's only GET.
Patrick, Andreas, Florian and I worked out some preliminary URL space
and we have a basic architectural design here: http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/PyCon+Sprint+2009

I think this is going to work out pretty well, and now that I have the
basics working, my next step is to implement some simple POST, PUT, or
DELETE operations.  If those also pan out, then I'll be merging my
development branch back into the trunk.  For now, you can follow along
with this branch: lp:~barry/mailman/rest

Enjoy, and let me know if you have any questions or comments.
-Barry