[Mailman-Developers] Web Interface: Login

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Mon Mar 23 14:47:23 CET 2009

* Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org>:

> On Mar 23, 2009, at 9:25 AM, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
>
>> Is there any reason why there need to be two login screens?
>> One for regular users and another one for moderatores/admin?

I think it makes sense to simplify the interface and have only one login page,
but ...

Subscribers need to provide their mail address (authentication identity) and
their password. Admin and moderators currently don't have to.

If we had only one login page, would that require admin and moderators to
provide an authentication identity too and not only their password? (At the
moment I believe this would be a benefit. One could have more than one admin
without having them share one password.)

Would that break any upgrade compatibility for none MM3 lists?

p at rick

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15	   Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666