[Mailman-Developers] monthly password reminder bounce reaction

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Tue Jun 2 00:04:21 CEST 2009

On Jun 1, 2009, at 5:25 PM, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:

> We, the Python.org postmasters, received about 2.200 bounces at
> Mailman day
> from monthly password reminders that did not reach the recipient.
>
> Ralf said such bounces do not increase a mailing list members bounce
> score.
> Is this correct? If it is, can we add such behaviour to the MM3
> feature list?
> Any objections?

I believe that's right because the password reminders come from the
site list.  Because of the mailing list silos in MM2.x, it's not
feasible to map those onto all the lists the email address could be a
member of.

Remember that monthly reminders are a thing of the past.  They won't
be in MM3 and IIRC, they've already been removed from the MM2.2 tree
also.

-Barry