[Mailman-Developers] Templates and CSS for Mailman

Ryan Jud Hughes ryan at linuxbox.com
Wed Jul 15 17:49:50 CEST 2009

Hi.  I've heard people make some noises about wanting better CSS control
of their mailman sites.  I've also wanted better template control --
currently, a lot of the cgi scripts create html in a hard-coded fashion.

I just posted a bug report that contains a patch that I've been working on
to address these issues.  Most of the cgi is now created by preparing a
dictionary with the strings, and running it through the template system.
The archives, too.

There are a small number of template files to edit -- such as page.html --
that will end up putting your theme on all the pages.

I also created mailman.css, with default css to keep the current mailman
look, and an empty site.css that can be tailored to your site.

I created bug #39830 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/398030) with
my patch in it.

Could somebody please take a look at it and tell me what you think?

Thanks.
--Ryan