[Mailman-Developers] pre-filter for mailman

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jul 2 21:16:00 CEST 2009

On Wed 2009-07-01 (19:13), Mark Sapiro wrote:

> >- the mail is disassembled in its MIME parts, only allowed TEXT parts get
> >  in the reassembled mail, not allowed MIME types are substituted with a
> >  message "part XXX (MIME-type YYY) is not allowed, ignored", allowed
> >  MIME types are saved on the web server and substituted with a message
> >  "part XXX is saved at URL YYY"
>

> Mailman's content filtering together with scrub_nondigest does
> something similar.

Oh... this must be a new feature in 2.1.11?
I am still running 2.1.9
Sorry to offer you features mailman already has.

My excuse: my auto-deattach-feature is several years old. I only found now
the time to announce it.

> >- missing References header are added
>
> Constructed from what?

>From old mails.
My filter does a full text search over all mails of the last 2 weeks.

> >- commercial ads are deleted
> >
> >- full quoting at end of mail is removed
>

> I am interested in how you do these, particularly the last two. Can I
> see your code?

I can send it to everyone who is interested.
I do not want to put it online because the documentation is not good enogh.
I first want to see if there is really interest in my filter, then I will
enhance the documentation. Writing documentation no one will read is
maximum boring :-)

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server- und Arbeitsplatzsysteme
Rechenzentrum                  E-Mail: horlacher at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-685-65868
Allmandring 30                 Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/