[Mailman-Developers] mailman-pgp-smime: talks at FOSDEM and in Ulm, new release

Joost van Baal joostvb-mailman-developers at mdcc.cx
Wed Jan 7 18:20:25 CET 2009

Hi,

Thanks to the NLnet foundation, the Secure List Server project (
http://non-gnu.uvt.nl/mailman-pgp-smime/ ) , which is including OpenPGP and
S/MIME support in Mailman has released a much improved mailman-pgp-smime patch:
http://non-gnu.uvt.nl/pub/mailman/mailman-2.1.11-pgp-smime_2009-01-02.patch.gz
.  See http://non-gnu.uvt.nl/mailman-pgp-smime/NEWS.PGP-SMIME for the details.

There'll be talks about this patch:

On monday january 12 I'll talk at the Chaos Seminar</a> in Ulm, Germany,
see http://ulm.ccc.de/ChaosSeminar/2009/01_Mailman_PGP_SMIME .

On sunday february 8th, 10h20 (probably), I'll give a lightning talk at the
FOSDEM conference, ULB Campus Solbosch, Brussels, Belgium.  See
http://fosdem.org/2009/node/164.

The talk will start with a very short overview of the history of Mailman and
the mailman-pgp-smime project.  Some remarks will be made on how to install and
configure the software, so that one can try it.  Currently supported features
will be mentioned, as well as an overview of development plans.  One will learn
how to contribute to the project; an overview of the revision control system
used will be given.  Some remarks on the future of the patch will be made: will
it be shipped with Mailman itself?

If you have used Mailman, both as a subscriber and as a list admin, and if
you know what PGP and S/MIME are, you should definitely attend this talk.

Hope to meet you there!

Bye,

Joost

--