[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.x Roadmap

Thijs Kinkhorst thijs at debian.org
Mon Jan 5 19:19:23 CET 2009

On Monday 5 January 2009 17:09, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Please don't start (or extend) a list of downstream things to look at
> in the week before a release. First of all, I'm just compulsive enough
> to actually look, but even so, the most likely result is I'll be
> overwhelmed, defer everything and then forget about it.

I have on behalf of Debian a while ago reported a number of our patches to the
SF.net tracker, which have not seen any response yet. It's not that we're not
willing to contribute patches back, but the previous approach of reporting
them to the patch tracker hasn't been fruitful. I have also sent selected
patches to the development list in the past with the same result.
So I guessed I'd try something different instead.

> If downstream patches are of general applicability or address bugs in
> the upstream distribution, they should be reported in the upstream
> tracker (currently <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman>).

Do I understand it correctly that I should resubmit the patches to this new
tracker?

We're quite willing to help you get useful patches integrated, but our time is
also limited so I'm looking for the way that is most effective for both of
us.

cheers,
Thijs