[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.x Roadmap

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 5 17:09:25 CET 2009

Paul Wise wrote:

>In addition to those, there is the Indymedia patch set:
>
>http://lists.indymedia.org/patches.tar.gz (against 2.1.10)
>http://lists.indymedia.org/patches/ (in use)
>
>Many of those will only be useful for Indymedia (especially the msgid
>stuff) or only appropriate for the 2.2 branch.
>
>I also went through the output of 'whohas mailman' and found the
>following distros with patches:
>
>http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/mail/mailman/files
>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/mail/mailman/files/
>http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/net-mail/mailman/files/
>http://packages.opensuse-community.org/listcontents.jsp?checksum=77aa4ba3b6618d256638c4cf28a0305d7062dc7e&distro=openSUSE_110

Please don't start (or extend) a list of downstream things to look at
in the week before a release. First of all, I'm just compulsive enough
to actually look, but even so, the most likely result is I'll be
overwhelmed, defer everything and then forget about it.

If downstream patches are of general applicability or address bugs in
the upstream distribution, they should be reported in the upstream
tracker (currently <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman>).