[Mailman-Developers] Doubt about security

Edilson Azevedo eazevedo at bsd.com.br
Mon Jan 5 15:12:32 CET 2009

Hi Barry and Thank to answer!

 You said "should". But in 95% of the lists that I look, those links are
always open. An random example: The official MailMan mailing list. Follow my
steps:

1 - Open this link: http://mail.python.org/mailman/admin

2 - After, click in "create a new mailing list"

3 - You can try to create a new list until discover the corret password (if
you don't know). But, if you dont know the password, you can try to use a
bruteforce. They are very easy to find and very, very, very easy to use.
Sometimes they work very well.. hehehe.

Again: Anyone in anywhere can try to create a new list. It's correct??!!

Thanks Barry!!!

P.S.: Try those same steps in othes Mailing Lists Sites. Always work!

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org> wrote:

--
Atenciosamente,

Edilson Azevedo