[Mailman-Developers] Fail to create a list with MM3 ALPHA

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Thu Feb 5 13:59:35 CET 2009

>> What should I do?
>
> I'll try to fix this later today.  The problem is that I've enabled
> unicode literals in all the source files, but Python's standard
> optparse.py module does not allow unicode options (I consider this a bug
> in the module, may or may not get fixed for Python 2.6). The solution is
> to wrap the option specs in str().
>
> The other problem is that the command line scripts are not well tested.
> Eventually I'll add unit tests for those.

I think this is holding me up on my lmtp code. I need to be able to write a
test that allows me to create a list, add a member, and change the member's
posting permissions. All so that the lmtp server can reject the message if
the sender doesn't have permission to post to the list.

> Barry

> c.uk

Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex