[Mailman-Developers] Proposed: remove address-obfuscation code from Mailman 3

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Aug 29 03:46:01 CEST 2009

Something else that occurs to me.

If we accept that obfuscation is worthless and stop doing it, then
there's no reason we shouldn't make the raw mbox files available for
anyone to download.  Mailman used to do this, but we removed the
feature due to user outcry.  Now you can download the gzip
monthly .txt files, but they are sanitized.  If we stop obfuscating,
is there any reason not to make the raw messages available for download?

-Barry