[Mailman-Developers] RELEASED GNU Mailman 3.0 alpha 3 (Working Man)

Bernd Siggy Brentrup lists at psycho.i21k.de
Sun Aug 23 06:34:55 CEST 2009

Hi Stephen,

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 09:48 +0900, you wrote:
> Bernd Siggy Brentrup writes:
>
>  > > Problems:
>  > >
>  > > (1) Debian stable doesn't have Python2.6.  *sigh*  (Not your fault,
>  > >     but it's now 0237, and I'm in a bitchin' mood and even Pure
>  > >     Prairie League doesn't make me feel better.)
>  >
>  > Neither does Debian testing aka squeeze, as I noticed moments ago.
>  > Just another reason to run Ubuntu 9.04 or above.
>
> It's taken me years to get Debian under control so that it installs
> what I need and only that.  No, I don't think I'm going to switch to a
> distro whose goal is to eliminate the need for Windows.

Sorry if I sounded like urging you to switch to Ubuntu, my statement
was meant only as a pun towards certain people currently in charge at
the Debian project I had my issues with.

Looking at the python2.6[1] page in Debian's PTS you'll notice it is
still in experimental so don't hold your breath waiting for it
appearing in testing.

Regards
  Siggy

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/python2.6.html