[Mailman-Developers] Searchable archives for MM

Bernd Siggy Brentrup lists at psycho.i21k.de
Sat Aug 8 03:03:44 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 19:27 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2009, at 4:40 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
> >The problem with integrating these or some of the other solutions into
> >the source is they require installation of software over which we have
> >no control.
>
> Agreed, which has always been my argument for including Pipermail in
> the Mailman distribution.  At least it gives people an archiver out
> of the box.  OTOH, it really makes more sense to make Pipermail a
> separate project and let it live or die on its own.  I'm not sure
> what the right thing to do is, but it sure would help if someone
> adopted Pipermail <wink>.

<duck> :) No need for this broad hint.

I was thinking about this option too and as soon as the issues
with the old account Ubuntu automatically created for me when
importing my Debian packages are solved I will create a pipermail
project on launchpad and announce it here.

  Siggy

p.s. Please respect my .signature, I'd really like to reenable
     duplicate elimination.
--
Please don't Cc: me when replying, I might not see either copy.
               bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de